Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Earthquake....


I am soon going to do an extensive post on my trip to California. I have to collect all pictures first and prep myself emotionally for such a post, so it will be a while.

However, as a preview, I thought I would share the exciting news that I experienced my first earthquake!

I was using the restroom during the 20-30 seconds of the earthquake. Now, this was a rather vulnerable place to be during a natural disaster. I was yelling things in hopes that my roommates would hear such as, "What are you guys doing out there? The shower doors are shaking!" and "Wait a second, is this an earthquake?" and "Hello?! Anybody?!"

I went downstairs and the chandelier at Kate's parents' house was still swinging and everyone was gathered discussing the earthquake.

I know I should try not to love natural disasters, because they actually cause harm much of the time, but a little harmless one was REALLY fun!!!


2 comments:

  1. You were in Cali on Easter! :-) We felt the earthquake too, luckily it wasn't that bad. I don't like even the little harmless ones, the whole 30 seconds I was terrified it was going to get big! Glad it didn't though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to be in a non-destructive hurricane. It seems like, during each hurricane season while I was growing up, they'd prep us for one that was coming toward us, but always veered in some other direction...and I was sad. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Friends