My dear friend Tahlia came all the way to Cheyenne, WY just to play with me! It was such a treat and we had so much fun. I would say my top 5 moments were:
1. When the Jazz won their game and I thought Tahlia was about to cry of happiness. It was an amazing win.
2. Having a girl's weekend at Paul's house since he was out of town in Louisiana. We had TV and a full kitchen and comfortable beds!
3. The CSU/BYU game with fellow cougar Becca. Go Cougars! We killed CSU. The snow through the whole second half was especially fun.
4. Eating a large Thanksgiving meal on Sunday with my branch. It was a "invite a nonmember to church" Sunday, so some people thought Tahlia was not LDS, and this was humorous at times!
5. Staying at a hotel. Tuesday Tahlia had an early flight out of Denver and she let me stay with her in her hotel room! (I would have gotten back to Cheyenne after 1 am- yuck!) I love hotels.
We also went to a Sara Barielles (spelling?) concert. Here is my critique:
Sara is amazing. Her music and voice sounds unbelievably good live. Wow, she blew me away. "Gravity" is one of my favorite songs and it was BEAUTIFUL except for the girl behind me singing loudly along with Sara through the whole song did not sound as good. :(
Sara has a potty mouth and who the heck knew that? Her music is so non-pottyish. Anyway, she sang a song called f*#@ you and cussed constantly throughout the concert, among other things. I am used to this at work (unfortunately), but her music doesn't reflect this, so I was surprised and it left a bad taste in my mouth. It just kind of ruined the amazing-ness of her talent and the classiness I expected out of her. *sniff, sniff* :( I am kind of a wuss when it comes to heavy-duty cussing. Haha.
This was Tahlia's first concert, so I tried to decrease the trauma of the event by explaining that usually artists with clean music have pretty clean concerts, but I don't know if it helped. ;)
What a dreamy weekend with my dear friend:) Who would like to visit next? I promise it is worth it in spite of the snow and constant cold wind!