Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kauai: Valentine's Day



We just got back from Kauai, Hawaii.  Yes, it was amazing.  Yes, I returned home to 70 mph winds and snow that make me want to go back.

We went with Dan and Judy, Paul's parents, and not only were we spoiled rotten on this trip, but they are great company and it was wonderful to spend time with them and keep getting to know them.  Random highlights that I don't have pictures of:
  • Dan's grill skill:  We had burgers twice and steak once for dinner and Dan sure knows how to grill.  Mmmmmmmmmm.
  • Water aerobics with Judy:  While the boys golfed, Judy was awesome enough to join me for a water aerobics class offered at the hotel.  And it was fun!  I haven't done that since I was in high school when Nathalie and I would join all the older ladies at the YMCA classes:)  
  • I'm pretty sure baby girl doubled in size while we were in Hawaii.  She is now kicking my ribs and comparing my 26 week pictures with 27-8 week Hawaii pictures help me understand why my tummy was extra itchy!  My theory:  She LOVED all the extra sea-level oxygen.  :)  
  • Poker:  Poker has been a Hendrickson family tradition for generations and Paul learned how to play when he was 4.  Is that even possible?  Anyway, we played with honey nut cheerios and I must say- I'm not too bad;)
Day one on the island was Valentines Day.



Luckily, I brought some heart shaped sunglasses with me!


Paul and I took a stroll on our hotel beach (hotel in background) and there was a Valentine's rainbow for us:)


That night, Dan and Judy gave me a birthday present so I pretended to blow out some candles.  It's a new Ipod nano!  I wasn't expecting it but I've been wanting one and am mucho excited/grateful.  

1 comment:

Friends